COMBO PACK Brake pads Avid & SRAM (Code, Guide)
Our Combo Pack mixes our Green s2032 and Blue s530 compounds for ultimate off road braking performance.
Front and rear brakes don't need to use the same pads... in fact you can benefit from mixing our compounds to achieve the optimal characteristics suited to your riding style. Green s2032 gives unbeatable stopping power with high levels of control to the front brake and Blue s530 is designed for scrubbing speed on steep descents.
You'll experience the benefits of over 50 years of friction materials expertise and an upgrade to your brake system.
- Optimised braking performance
- Green s2032 provides high initial bite and silent performance with exceptional feedback
- Blue s530 gives long life from it's wear resistant compound. Ideal for heavier bikes and prolonged braking
- Combo Pack gives the best off road braking experience possible
FRONT BRAKE - Green s2032
- Precise and silent, Green s2032 is for those who brake late and hard. The soft compound gives incredible control
- Kevlar fibers provide wear and temperature resistance
- Ceramic particles give high initial bite for precision braking
- 41% improvement in friction coefficient performance compared to competitors pads
REAR BRAKE - Blue s530
- The Blue s530 compound is designed to give long life and control for big descents. Especially recommended for e-bikes.
- Fade resistant at all temperatures
- Kevlar fibres for predictable performance
- 44% improvement in friction coefficient performance compared to competitors pads
- Code (2011 - 2014), Code R
- Code R (2017), Code RSC, Guide RE
DISC BRAKE PAD BEDDING-IN PROCEDURE
A correctly functioning braking system is fundamental to the safe operation of a bicycle. If you are not confident in your ability to install your brake pads we recommend you seek the help of a trained professional such as the bike mechanic at your local bike shop. Brakes are a safety critical system and as such great care should be taken when working on them.
Sinter organic disc brake pads are a significant upgrade to your brake system. It is important they are installed and bedded-in correctly for optimal performance.
The bedding-in process prepares both the brake disc and pads to work together to slow you down. In essence the two components need to become more alike so your pads have more to work with than just some laser cut metal. When you bed-in your pads, you are moving some pad material over to the disc so that when you brake there is maximum contact of friction material. This then allows your system to work efficiently giving you better results.
- Take some time to clean and degrease your brake disc. Effective braking relies on the surfaces of your pads and discs working in harmony together. When you bed-in the new pads, material from the pad will be deposited on the disc so having a clean disc for this material to adhere to is critical.
- Install your new pads in line with the brake system manufacturer instructions taking care not to touch the pad compound. Simply hold the pads between your fingers using the backing plate or better still, use gloves.
- Be careful not to activate the brake lever without the wheel installed - if this happens you may need to push your pads and pistons back into the caliper with an appropriate tool.
- When you have re-installed your wheels it's time to perform the bed-in process and for this we recommend a traffic free environment.
- Ride your bike at 15km/h or 10mph and activate your brakes 20 times but never locking up your wheels. Simply apply the brake to reduce speed to 5km/h, release the brake and carry on repeating that action.
- Then, increase your speed to 25km/h or 15mph and apply the brakes 10 times, this time harder. Again it's important not to lock up your brakes. Reduce your speed each time you brake to 5km/h like before.
- Then ride 30km/h or 20mph and brake hard twice down to 5km/h.
- Your pads will now be bedded-in. This process is important to follow. If you don't bed the pads in correctly you will not have full braking performance when you go ride.
Video instructions: Bedding-in instructions
Orders under 80 € - the shipping cost is 5,00 €
Orders over 80 € - the delivery is free of charge
To EU Member States:
Orders under 120 € - the shipping cost is 12,90 €
Orders over 120 € - the delivery is free of charge
To the rest of the world:
The shipping cost is 24,90 €.
16 other products in the same category: